Some medical services, such as passport/driving licence applications, insurance claim forms etc are not part of NHS Services and attract a separate fee. The Doctor will usually advise you of this at the time of consultation. See link below for a list of our current fees. These are also displayed in the Reception area.
Services with Fees - April 2018
NHS grampian are now supporting direct self referral to Physiotherapy. If you think you might benefit from this service then please read the notes in the attached leaflet and then complete and post the Physiotherapy self referral form
Self Management Patient Service
This is a free self-management service for people with neurological conditions living at home in Aberdeen city. They support people with conditions such as multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, stroke, Huntington’s disease and Motor neurone disease. See more details on link below:
Other Health Professionals
We have a part-time attached Pharmacist and close ties with many local Pharmacies, who collect prescriptions from the surgery.
Other health professionals who provide services at our premises include:
- Community Midwife
- Community Psychiatric Nurse (CPN)
- Substance Misuse Service Counsellor
Aberdeen City Community Health & Social Care Services
Within Aberdeen City, Occupational Therapy is provided by qualified and registered Occupational Therapists and support staff employed by NHS Grampian and Bon Accord Care (in partnership with Aberdeen City Council). Below is a brief description of the OT services available in the City, and how to self-refer into these services.
Bon Accord Care provides help for people of all ages (paediatrics, adults and older people) who experience difficulty coping with everyday activities due to disability, illness and/or the ageing process. The main focus is maintaining the person's ability to function in their home and local environment. This may include equipment provision, adapting their home environment or skills re-training. You can access this service via:
- Self Referral is welcome from Service users by contacting the Hillylands Independent Living Centre on 01224 666360 for bookings or drop in to the centre at 2, Croft Road, Aberdeen, AB16 6RB. This centre is open to the public Monday - Friday from 9am to 5pm. There is a large selection of equipment available to trial and Occupational Therapy staff are on hand to offer advice regarding difficulties being experienced.
- Self Referral forms can be found in GP Practices or by completing an on-line self assessment with BAC2Independence on www.bac2independenceaberdeen.org.uk. This is an online self tool can also be completed by someone on their behalf.
Leaflets and other written information about various illnesses and conditions are available on display and from the Practice Nurses. We have leaflets produced by the Practice on the following topics:-
- Cervical Smear Test Results
- Oral Glucose Tolerance Test