Services available from the Practice
All GP practices are contracted to provide “essential services”, that is, basic treatment of ill people.
We also provide the following “additional services”:
- Child health surveillance, together with the Health Visiting team
- Contraceptive services, though not IUCD insertion, nor Implanon insertion, which are available at the Family Planning clinic at Golden Square
- Maternity services in the ante natal and post natal period, together with the Midwives from Aberdeen Maternity Hospital
- Routine immunisation of children, together with the Health Visiting team
- Immunisation in relation to travel. Please note that patients with complicated travel plans may be asked to contact the NHS Grampian Travel clinic at The David Anderson Building, Foresterhill. Not all travel immunisations are available on the NHS, please ask for further details
- Cervical smears
- Freezing of warts and other small skin lesions
We also hold contracts with NHS Grampian for the following “enhanced services”:
- An annual flu immunisation programme to protect the elderly and those with medical conditions that have increased health risks if they get flu, eg patients with diabetes, asthma, heart disease and other chronic conditions
- Regular monitoring, by blood test, for patients on Warfarin
- Regular monitoring, by blood and urine tests, for patients on a range of drugs for arthritis and bowel problems
- Annual comprehensive review for patients with diabetes. Retinal screening and foot screening is carried out at The David Anderson Building, Foresterhill.
- A Methadone substitution programme for patients with drug abuse problems. Note that new patients with substance dependence problems will be referred to the substance misuse service. The doctors at the practice will not prescribe substitutes.