Other Services

Non-NHS Services

lady_examSome medical services, such as passport/driving licence applications, insurance claim forms etc are not part of NHS Services and attract a separate fee.  The Doctor will usually advise you of this at the time of consultation.  See link below for a list of our current fees.  These are also displayed in the Reception area.

Services with Fees - Feb 2022

Aberdeen City Community Treatment and Care (CTAC) Services

NHS Grampian’s new Community Treatment and Care (CTAC) hubs will be opening from June 2022. This nurse-led service will provide a specialist range of services, some of which you may currently be more familiar with receiving from your GP. This poster provides more information on the types of services offered, where they’re offered and how to make an appointment.



Please see self help pages on NHS Grampian Musculoskeletal (MSK) Physiotherapy website at: www.mskphysiogrampian.scot.nhs.uk/ for useful advice and information for managing a number of conditions.

NHS Grampian have introduced a self-referral system for Musculoskeletal physiotherapy. This allows anyone, who is registered with a GP in NHS Grampian, to directly refer themselves for physiotherapy via a form which is available electronically, please click on link to the form below.

Please note Hamilton Medical Group now have access to a First Contact Practitioner (FCP) physiotherapist.  First Contact Physiotherapist's (FCP's) are experts in the assessment and management of Musculoskeletal (MSK) conditions. Based within GP practices, a typical FCP appointment involves assessment, diagnosis and first-line treatment. FCPs can also refer patients for a course of physiotherapy treatment, request investigations or make referrals into secondary care services. Some FCPs are also able to provide injection therapy and organise for blood tests


Children Physio request form

Self Management Patient Service

This is a free self-management service for people with neurological conditions living at home in Aberdeen city. They support people with conditions such as multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, stroke, Huntington’s disease and Motor neurone disease. See more details on link below:

Self Management


Adults aged 18 and over seeking an assessment for autism can self refer to the Adult Autism Assessment Team.  Self-referral form is available from the link below:-

AAAT Self-referral Form 2021

Other Health Professionals

We have a part-time attached Pharmacist and close ties with many local Pharmacies, who collect prescriptions from the surgery. 

Other health professionals who provide services at our premises include:

  • Community Midwife
  • Community Psychiatric Nurse (CPN)
  • Substance Misuse Service Counsellor 
  • Psychiatrist


Aberdeen City Community Health & Social Care Services

Within Aberdeen City, Occupational Therapy is provided by qualified and registered Occupational Therapists and support staff employed by NHS Grampian and Bon Accord Care (in partnership with Aberdeen City Council). Below is a brief description of the OT services available in the City, and how to self-refer into these services.

Bon Accord Care provides help for people of all ages (paediatrics, adults and older people) who experience difficulty coping with everyday activities due to disability, illness and/or the ageing process. The main focus is maintaining the person's ability to function in their home and local environment. This may include equipment provision, adapting their home environment or skills re-training. You can access this service via:

  • Self Referral is welcome from Service users by contacting the Hillylands Independent Living Centre on 01224 666360 for bookings or drop in to the centre at 2, Croft Road, Aberdeen, AB16 6RB. This centre is open to the public Monday - Friday from 9am to 5pm. There is a large selection of equipment available to trial and Occupational Therapy staff are on hand to offer advice regarding difficulties being experienced.
  • Self Referral forms can be found in GP Practices or by completing an on-line self assessment with BAC2Independence on www.bac2independenceaberdeen.org.uk. This is an online self tool can also be completed by someone on their behalf.

The Bounds

The Bounds is a new counselling and research centre which will provide a free counselling service to the local community.  It is named for its base in the Humanities Annexe in College Bounds, on the edge of the Old Aberdeen campus and will be run by staff from the University's person-centered counselling programme and student counsellors.

Given the current Covid-19 restrictions the service will be online initially but will move to include face-to-face counselling sessions as soon as the situation eases.

email:  thebounds@abdn.ac.uk  

Website:  https://www.abdn.ac.uk/education/research/the-bounds/index.php 

Information Leaflets

Leaflets and other written information about various illnesses and conditions are available on display and from the Practice Nurses.  We have leaflets produced by the Practice on the following topics:-

  • Cervical Smear Test Results
  • Oral Glucose Tolerance Test


NHS ScotlandThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website